Writing Requirements in University Studies

University Studies majors must complete a minimum of 6 credit hours of general education WAC courses not part of students’ degree plans.  Those credits may consist of DSU’s College Composition I and II, which are writing intensive, or transfer courses or credit considered equivalent according to SBHE placement and transfer policies.  University Studies majors must complete an additional 12 hours of courses designated as WAC/WID courses, including 3 hours of upper-level writing intensive coursework.