Administrative Withdrawal from the University

A student may be administratively withdrawn from the University at any time either during the current enrollment session or ex post facto for prior enrollment sessions through the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs in coordination with the Director of Academic Records if circumstances warrant such action. Either a student, instructor, or administrator can request such a withdrawal. If the withdrawal is approved, the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs will submit a written document to this effect to the Office of Academic Records. The offices of Financial Aid, Residential Life, and Business Affairs will be notified of such action so that any financial impact to the student can be calculated and the student duly notified of such.

If a student is administratively withdrawn during a session of current enrollment, the instructor(s) of record for the student’s courses and the student’s advisor will be notified of the withdrawal. An administrative withdrawal from the university will create “W’s” for all courses enrolled in the entire semester regardless of course completion or course grades assigned.

Because of potential difficulties in contacting instructors who may no longer be employed by the University with respect of verification of the student’s attendance record in any particular course, no administrative withdrawals will be granted after more than one calendar year has passed, with respect to the semester(s) in question. Exceptions to the one-year limitation on administrative withdrawal from the University may be granted because of documented extenuating personal circumstances after being considered by the Director of Academic Records and Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs.

Administrative withdrawal from the University does not replace the term erasure policy as found in the Dickinson State University catalog.