Change of Final Grade

In addition to incompletes, there are certain cases where a change of final grade is permitted. Within the 12-week period into the next term, the instructor has the option to change the grade within his/her professional judgment. After the 12-week period, the instructor must obtain the approval of the college dean before the change of grade may be enacted. Once graduated with a baccalaureate degree, Dickinson State University will not permit alteration to the course titles, grades, or GPA calculation of a student’s academic transcript for any reason, unless incorrect information was initially recorded as a result of misinformation received by the Director of Academic Records from a Dickinson State University faculty member or administrator.