Other Sources of Funding

Native American Assistance application forms are available from a Tribal Agency or from the Financial Aid office.

Rehabilitation Consulting & Services assists students with physical limitations or health problems. Students who wish to apply must contact their local Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Office at Bismarck, Dickinson, Jamestown, Fargo, Minot, Grand Forks, Devils Lake, or Williston.

North Dakota Job Service may have funds available through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) for economically disadvantaged students in need of vocational training or retraining. Contact the nearest Job Service office.

Veterans, National Guard, and Veteran Tuition Waiver

Recipients need to contact the nearest Veterans Service Office or the Dickinson State University Veteran’s Certifying Official in Academic Records. Any dependent (child, spouse, widow, or widower) of a resident veteran killed in action, totally disabled, deceased from service-connected causes, or declared missing in action, may also be granted a waiver of tuition.

[NOTE: The Veterans Administration provides programs of financial assistance for the education and training of eligible veterans having completed military service. These programs are designed to encourage self-improvement and offer financial help to such veterans in raising their education level. The Veterans Administration and the State of North Dakota also provide financial aid for the education of sons, daughters, spouses and surviving spouses of veterans who died or were permanently and totally disabled as a result of a service-connected disability arising out of active duty in the Armed Forces, or who died from any cause while disability was in existence. In processing an application for training, the Veterans Administration will determine the applicant’s eligibility for benefits. Evidence of eligibility will be provided to the applicant in the form of a Certificate of Eligibility and/or an Award Notification. For more information, contact your nearest Veterans Service office or Academic Records, Dickinson State University, Dickinson, ND 58601. In order to remain eligible to receive Veteran’s Administration Benefits, students must maintain satisfactory progress as set forth by University policy.]